Yes, today we are talking about balls. Now that we have your attention, let me tell you, that the kind of balls we are talking about in this blog are energy balls, power balls, energy bites or what ever you like to call them. These little morsels are packed full of good for you fuel and are increasing in popularity on a daily basis. It really isn’t a surprise considering the simplicity and the health benefits.
Generally there are no precise rules as to the healthy ingredients that you can add to these delicious two bite treats, remember though that they do need to bind together. With generally no baking, these snacks can be whipped up in no time at all. Making large batches and freezing some saves even more time and means that you will always have some readily available.
Great as a snack or to keep you going if you have skipped breakfast or any other meal for any reason, or dashing to a class and know that you don’t want to eat much beforehand but require some kind of energy to survive.
Made with natural sugars and ingredients you will not suffer that nasty sugar crash. Many of the concoctions contain high levels of plant-based protein from nuts and seeds etc. As protein is slow releasing, these energy balls are a long-lasting source of energy that not only curbs hunger but will also ensure you feel full for longer.
More facts on these super little balls:
- Protein boosts the metabolism and increase fat burn.
- Healthy fats ensure that even with only two bites they are filling.
- Healthy fats aid mood management, weight control and can reduce cardiovascular disease.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are good for the health of the brain and heart. They also have anti-inflammatory properties.
- The high fiber content will ensure they are satisfying and help keep you hunger free for longer.
Adding your favourite healthy ingredients means they can taste amazing.
Try making these delicious dried fruit energy balls today.
- 1 cup of oats
- ½ cup of almond butter – Don’t be shy to make your own – https://wakethewolves.com/how-to-make-almond-butter/
- ¼ cup of ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons berry or dried fruit mix
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the dates, almond butter &maple syrup in a food blender. Blend till everything is fully chapped and combined.
- Mix together the oats, flax seed, dried fruit and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add the date mixture to the oats bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze to use when required.
Make sure you are following us on Instagram, where we will be posting a range of other energy ball recipes. Have fun designing your own recipes and if you have any that you love please feel free to share them with us.