Painful sore heels. Could it be plantar fasciitis that is debilitating you?
Plantar Fasciitis is the most common kind of heel pain. It is caused by the ligament – the plantar fascia that connects the heel bone to the toes gets strained. Straining this ligament causes it to get inflamed and irritated, weak and swollen.
Middle aged people are most likely to suffer from plantar fasciitis along with athletes and soldiers.
The most common causes include:
- Being overweight
- Having flat feet
- Having high arches
- Walking, standing or running for long periods of time
- Wearing ill-fitting footwear
- Suffering with tight calf muscles
- Suffering with tight Achilles tendons
- Excessive pronation – rolling in of the feet inwards when walking